How this works
TE Splash wants to provide as much aid and assistance to webmasters as
possible. This system is designed to help webmasters get traffic to
their sites in a simple, cost-effective way. This benefits the webmasters
in a couple ways:
- More traffic means potentially higher ratings on statistical sites, such
as Alexa and SiteRanking
- Higher statistical ratings mean potentially higher relevance on search
- More traffic means more exposures and impressions are made of your site
and it's advertisements
- More traffic means better positioning at 'topsite' websites
- TopSites are just more categorical-specific versions of a statistical
- More traffic means more potential customers coming through your website
One mistake that many Traffic Exchanges make is telling a webmaster that they
will be "flooded with targeted customers, ready to buy". That is not the
primary purpose of a Traffic Exchange.
The primary purpose of a Traffic Exchange is to
generate traffic to the
That being said, if your target audience is "webmasters working on promoting
their websites", then you will probably reach some potential customers.
But even then, do not expect high conversion rates. Webmaster surfers are
all in the same boat: they want more traffic, for higher ratings, for better
rankings, to get customers from the larger search engines.
In a nutshell: You visit other websites through one of our viewer systems and
earn 'splashs'. Each splash entitles one of your pages to be shown to
someone else. For those interested in tech-speak, we offer both Auto Surf
and Manual Surfing options.
You are a webmaster, and you want web-surfers to see your website, for all
the reasons listed above. TE Splash
will show your website to other users, at a
cost of 1 'splash each time your website is shown. So, as long as you have
'splashs' available, your site will be shown to our other TE Splash users.
[In train-speak: We'll let you put your station on our tracks.
Trains carrying passengers will stop at your station, as long as your station
has 'tokens' to stop the train. Passengers earn splashs by riding
the train to other Splash Station.]
Splashs are gained in a couple different ways:
- When you first join TE Splash, you are given some splashs
- You can choose to 'be a passenger', and surf other sites through one of
our display systems. For every site you visit, you will earn splashs
- We also sell splashs, with bulk-discounting available. i.e.: When you buy
more splashs, you pay less per splash.
- You can display our referral page. Each display to a unique user on
a given day will earn some splashs.
- You can also refer other members. If someone signs up through your
referral page, you get splashs when they sign up, and a percentage of their splash
earnings when they are a passenger.
- If someone you referred purchases something or upgrades their membership,
you get some splashs from that, as well.
more of your website's pages, and every time that page is viewed, you earn
between 0.1 and 0.15 splashs, depending on the size of banner you select.
Different earning and referral ratios are available to different 'levels' of
membership. For specifics on how many splashs are earned in different ways
at each level of membership, see our Membership
Levels page in the Pricing section.